Style Tips for Holiday Season: Warm(ish) Weather
Even though you may live in a warmer climate with temperatures above or around 60 degrees, you can still dress for the winter! Since you don’t have to worry too much about dressing for warmth, you have more room to be creative and adventurous with your winter styling. Here are a few tips for dressing comfortably cozy without being too warm:
- You can still use your summer / spring pieces. A lot of pieces, like dresses and rompers, can be adapted for winter with a pair of slightly translucent black tights and some layering. For example, that cute camisole jumpsuit could look great with a short or long-sleeve t-shirt layered underneath and some booties.
- Experiment with some inexpensive outerwear. Sometimes all it takes to elevate a look is a cool piece of outerwear. Check out bargain or thrift stores to find statement pieces for an affordable price. Even if they don’t look great at first, you can always modify them with a belt or cut and hem them to fit you the way you want.
- Tuck in your sweaters! To add some variety to your limited sweater collection, tuck your sweaters into your pants. This is also a great way to show off your waist and add some shape without wearing something too tight-fitting. You can do this with a pair of mom jeans or dress it up with some Maya pants.
- Accessorize! Even if you don’t need scarves and hats, you can tie your outfit together with a tasteful watch or a chunky necklace. Adding something as simple as a pair of earrings is a great way to make yourself look put together – it’s even better if your accessories complement the rest of your outfit.
- Find a pair of booties that you love. Booties are great for any occasion, day or night, and they’re so easy to wear. Pair them with a shift dress, leather jacket, and tights for a night time look. When you’re on the go, wear them with our Sonia wide-leg pants, a camisole, and an oversized blazer.
- Don’t be afraid of the midi! Contrary to popular belief, petites can still wear the midi silhouette without overwhelming their frame. A midi skirt / dress is perfect for the winter since it covers slightly more skin. Even with a plain turtleneck and some sneakers, this simple outfit is chic and super comfortable for the girl on the go.
- Sweats can look cute too. For those late mornings or days when you just don’t want to get out of bed, try pairing a comfy pair of joggers with a cropped or tucked-in blouse. Add a cute tote and a baseball hat to tie it all together. Who says you can’t wear sweats and look cute at the same time?
We hope our tips help you this winter! Show us your winter OOTDs by tagging us @s64petite and using the hashtag #PowerfullyPetite to share it with the powerfully petite community!