Style Tips for Holiday Season: Cold Weather
Since the holidays are approaching and a cold winter is fully upon us, it’s time to break out the scarves and hats. It can sometimes be hard to come up with new outfits when we’re wearing the same parkas or coats everyday. Here’s a few tips to help you stay fashionable and stylish this winter while also staying warm:
- Tights are your best friend. Adding a pair of tights to any outfit can add interest and an extra layer of warmth! Try pairing them with a sweater dress or even wearing them under our Gloria culottes for a trendy look. A classic pair of opaque black tights go a long way but feel free to experiment with different colors and patterns.
- Layer, layer, layer! Sweaters are cute the first week you wear them but they get old after a while. Try layering turtlenecks or collared shirts under your sweaters to add an interesting neckline – you can even layer sweaters! Having layers also makes it really easy to cool down in the heated indoors and warm back up when you go outside.
- Invest in a nice wool coat. As warm as a parka is, you can up your level of sophistication with a simple wool coat. Though they’re a bit pricey, they can go over anything and can be super warm if you layer (see Tip 2)! Try wearing them over your Sonia wide-leg pants for a more modern look or over a skirt and tights for an urban chic look.
- Accessorize! You can take your outfits one step further by adding some accessories, like gloves, scarves, and hats. If your outfit is more colorful, use more neutral accessories. However, if your outfit is more neutral, experiment with more adventurous colors, like a burgundy or periwinkle, to add some pops of color!
- Switch up your neutral outfits with hats and scarves. If you really like one of your layered ensembles but you don’t want to wear the exact same thing again, try wearing a different hat and scarf! This way, you can change your overall look while keeping the same outfit underneath.
- Make your shoes warmer with socks. Try adding some interesting thick socks to your booties and boots. This helps keep your feet warm while you’re strutting down the street. If you add tights underneath, you’ll be even warmer!
- If all else fails, walk with confidence! If it’s simply too cold to ditch the parka, go ahead and wear it with confidence. We’re #PowerfullyPetite no matter what we wear!
Stay tuned to see our style tips tips for warmer climates!