How to feel more confident in the workplace
Confidence in the workplace is key to advancing our career goals; however it doesn’t always come easily or naturally. Even as #PowerfullyPetite women who understand our value and worth, sometimes we need an extra push. Read on for five ways to make sure you’re your best, most confident self at work! Leave us a comment sharing how you build your confidence in the workplace.
- Replace “I’m sorry” with “Thank you”: Instead of saying, “I’m sorry I was late,” say, “Thank you for waiting for me.” Rather than seeking reassurance through an apology, you are expressing gratitude and appreciation.
- Believe in yourself: Whether this be through taking on a project that you know will challenge you or asking for a raise that you deserve, believing in yourself is key to boosting your confidence at work. Instead of putting yourself down and imagining the worst thing that could happen if you fail, imagine the best thing that could happen if you succeed!
- Visualize your success: Athletes are known to visualize themselves winning the Superbowl or scoring a game-changing touchdown, and you can do the same at your workplace! Visualize yourself receiving praise at a meeting or getting the promotion you’ve been waiting for. This will help increase your focus and even realize some potential goals.
- Ask questions: Don’t be shy about asking questions in the workplace as it shows your genuine interest in your work. Seeking out new information will also equip you with the knowledge you need for success. Insightful questions show your colleagues that you are engaged and eager to improve.
- Stop using negative language: Negative language about your work, yourself, or other co-workers will only prevent you from gaining confidence in your work environment. Eliminate negative words or phrases such as, “I can’t do that,” or “That’s too difficult.” Try this out for a week and see how much more productive and confident you feel! Focusing on positive language will help you “fake it ‘til you make it.”