5 Ways To Rest And Relax
As #PowerfullyPetite women, we’re always moving and pushing ourselves to make an impact on the world. However, taking care of ourselves is equally as important as making our mark. Here are our favorite ways to decompress after a long day! Leave us a comment sharing other ideas or letting us know if these tips worked for you.
- Write it out: When we’re stressed, we sometimes keep our thoughts and concerns bottled up. If you’re not in the mood to talk it out with a friend, write it down. It’s important to be able to say exactly what you’re feeling and not feel judged.
- Aromatherapy: Scents like lavender and eucalyptus can stimulate the receptors in your nose and tell your body to release healthy hormones like dopamine and serotonin. Try adding a few drops of essential oils to a bath or lighting a candle as you settle down at the end of the day.
- Exercise: Whether it’s running, lifting, or even taking a little break to walk outside during the workday, exercising is a healthy habit with countless benefits. Find a workout that makes you happy and give yourself a few minutes everyday to focus only on yourself. Working out also increases circulation of oxygen and nutrients in your body and energizes you to take on the day!
- Clean up: Our surroundings have a surprising effect on our mood and disorganization can be unsettling. Every once in a while, take a break from your work to organize your desk or plan your week. Taking control of the little things can help motivate you to tackle the rest of that to-do list.
- Unplug: Close your eyes, silence your phone, and relax into your shavasana. Take some time to calm yourself and let your worries melt away, even if just for a second. A few minutes a day is all it takes to recharge or unwind from the stressful nature of your busy day-to-day life.